The Dumas Wesley Community Center’s Youth Programs are operating under the guidance of the Mobile County Health Department; requirements may change in accordance with MCHD recommendations.
After School Achievement Program
Dumas Wesley’s After School Achievement Program (ASAP) has been in existence for over 40 years. The program serves school-age children ages 6-18 in the Crichton, Toulminville and Mobile community. Five days a week, children enjoy a variety of free academic and character-enhancing activities including: homework assistance, STEAM workshops, career exploration, sports activities, special youth-empowered events and a summer program. A daily meal is also provided at no cost to participants.
After School Achievement Program Goals
- To provide a safe, structured environment for community youth,
- To build an interest and expose students to STEAM opportunities (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math),
- To offer rich cultural experiences that nurture a child’s sense of heritage and understanding of their broader world,
- To foster talents in the arts, sports, trades and technology,
- To teach children the core value of integrity and to act with courage, honesty and respect in their relationships and daily interaction.
Registration: The After School Program is currently at capacity. Please contact us at 251.479.0649 to be placed on the waiting list.