After School Achievement Program
Dumas Wesley’s After School Achievement Program (ASAP) has been in existence for over 40 years. The program serves school-age children ages 6-18 in the Crichton, Toulminville and Mobile community. Five days a week, children enjoy a variety of academic and character-enhancing activities including: homework assistance, STEAM workshops, career exploration, sports activities, special youth-empowered events and a summer program. A daily meal is also provided at no cost to participants.
After School Achievement Program Goals
- To provide a safe, structured environment for community youth,
- To build an interest and expose students to STEAM opportunities (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math),
- To offer rich cultural experiences that nurture a child’s sense of heritage and understanding of their broader world,
- To foster talents in the arts, sports, trades and technology,
- To teach children the core value of integrity and to act with courage, honesty and respect in their relationships and daily interaction.
Semi-Annual Fee: $25.00 per child. Fees are due at the beginning of each semester based on the Mobile County Public School System calendar year.
Registration for the 2023-2024 school year is now closed. Applications are being accepted for the waiting list.