After School Achievement Program
Dumas Wesley’s After School Achievement Program (ASAP) has been in existence for over 40 years. The program serves school-age children ages 6-18 in the Crichton, Toulminville and Mobile community. Five days a week, children enjoy a variety of free academic and character-enhancing activities including: homework assistance, STEAM workshops, career exploration, sports activities, special youth-empowered events and a summer program. A daily meal is also provided at no cost to participants.
After School Achievement Program Goals
- To provide a safe, structured environment for community youth,
- To build an interest and expose students to STEAM opportunities (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math),
- To offer rich cultural experiences that nurture a child’s sense of heritage and understanding of their broader world,
- To foster talents in the arts, sports, trades and technology,
- To teach children the core value of integrity and to act with courage, honesty and respect in their relationships and daily interaction.
Registration: The program for the 2023-2024 school year will begin August 7, 2023. All participants must fill out an application and register their child(ren) to attend.